With PCSCHEMATIC Cablemanager you get control of all parts of the cabling for construction projects. This applies both during the initial design, during the installation phase and during subsequent maintenance.
Cablemanager is a program in which you, as a performing electrical contractor and client, can collect all data regarding all cables and routers that are part of a project, and you can follow the status of the cables throughout the design, execution and maintenance phases. The program takes into account, among other things, ambient temperatures, installation methods, and overall performance. You can even continuously monitor whether the cables have been set up, pulled and tested.
The program itself suggests in which guideways the cables should be laid and will, as a starting point, suggest the shortest route, which allows you to optimize material consumption.
FLSmidth uses PCSCHEMATIC Cablemanager to manage and document 10-25.000 cables per factory
“When we had to choose a system for our documentation and management of cables at our factories, it was easy to choose PCSCHEMATIC Cablemanager. The system used a terminology that we knew, and the opportunity to ensure continuous development and adaptation of the system was present, just as there is a fantastic support around the product ”.
Since 2016, FLSmidth has used Cablemanager to document cables and routers in connection with the construction of new cement factories around the world, using between 10,000 and 25,000 cables.
In FLSmidth, you need to be able to hand over a finished factory with a thorough and tailored documentation. Cablemanager handles this task, which at the same time provides an optimal basis for easily being able to expand and adjust in existing installations afterwards.
Project manager Diana Ølsgaard from FLSmidth, who has been responsible for the roll-out of Cablemanager, explains, “when we had to choose a system for our documentation and management of cables at our factories, it was easy to choose Cablemanager. The system used a terminology that we knew, and the opportunity to ensure continuous development and adaptation of the system was present, just as there is a fantastic support around the product ”.
For Diana Ølsgaard, the qualities that make Cablemanager particularly valuable to FLSmidth are:
- 3D view that visually shows if everything is connected and if filling levels are observed
- The ability to create lists for customers with detailed information about the work process in connection with assembly.
- User-friendly design. It is easy to name connections and “jump” from image to image in the program, which makes itself great
- installations easy to navigate.
- The support is very accessible and always ready to help, just as it is possible to make requests for adjustments that are quickly implemented
- The ability to import and export from / to Excel makes it obvious to use Cablemanager for even smaller projects, and data can be exported to other programs if necessary.
Jorgensen Engineering A/S keeps track of the degree of filling and saves time
“There are no longer any of our plants that leave production without having been documented in Cablemanager”.
Jorgensen Engineering A/S uses PCSCHEMATIC Cablemanager to keep track of cables from main panels to motors, control boxes and other equipment on the plant. A function in the program that creates particularly great value at Jorgensen is the ability to keep an eye on the degree of filling of the main cable trays from the main board and out to the drop points. In the past, cable drums were moved out to the plant to pull cables, but today an electrician stands and measures the cables at the cable warehouse based on calculations in Cablemanager. It is a change in the process that provides a measurable time gain. In addition, it allows the consumption of cables to be registered and removed from the warehouse immediately.
Jakob Skarregaard states: “there are no longer any of our plants that leave production without them having been documented in Cablemanager”.
At Jorgensen Engineering A/S, we are particularly pleased that Cablemanager provides the opportunities:
- to register if cables are routed as a temporary cable and therefore must be routed at the end customer.
- that it is known how much extra cable is to be sent with the system for outdoor installation. Something that has reduced the transmission of cables on outdoor installation considerably.
- to have concrete knowledge of how large the cable trays must be at the customer’s, so that new and larger ones do not have to be installed later.
- that it is easy to see which cables will be too short during a reorganization / adaptation of the installation, whereby a price for the task can be given quickly.
PCSCHEMATIC Cablemanager helps optimize your projects
Cablemanager is a great support when planning and documenting, and the program helps you to get a much better basis to calculate price from as well as very detailed documentation. For later extensions in your project, the contractors can look in the documentation and see exactly where there is room for the new cables or whether it requires new routers. A process and functionality which helps our clients save time and money in their projects.
If you want to experience Cablemanager, click on the program’s product page and read more, or sign up for one of our webinars, where you can experience the program’s many functions and options for optimizing your work.
You are also very welcome to contact sales director Dorthe Larsen by email
email@example.com or +45 4676 0494.